When we started making wreath bows almost 12 years ago we used a Bowdabra bow maker, and after all these years it is still our go-to for beautiful, full bows! If you have never made a bow using the Bowdabra bow maker, you should give it a try. It will save you time, and if you are like me and make tons and TONS of bows, it will save your hands from lots of aches and pains! 🙂
Here a couple of tips:
- You do not have to purchase the wire that is made by Bowdabra (supposedly specifically for the bow maker). Any wired floral ribbon will work just fine. I prefer 26 gauge floral wire.
- The Bowdabra bow maker comes with a gray plastic stick that you can use to press down your ribbons. I do not use it, but you can if you want to. It is completely up to you.
- You want to make sure that the wire around your bow is TIGHT or your bow will fall apart. As you are removing your bow from the bow maker, be sure to press down firmly on the ribbon and pull the wire tightly.
- You know the old saying, “practice makes perfect”, blah blah, blah…but, for real, it takes a little practice to get the hang of using the Bowdabra bow maker, but it is worth it!!
How To Make A Wreath Bow Using Bowdabra Video…
Basic Bowdabra Bow Video…
Two Ribbon Bow Made With Bowdabra Video…
I hope you enjoyed these tutorials on making bows with the Bowdabra Bow Maker! If you would like to know more about wreath making, join our Design With The Pros Club.
Don’t forget to join us on Facebook Live for our other wreath making tutorials! We always love connecting and engaging with our viewers!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like:
- Summer Grapevine Wreath Tutorial
- How to Make a Farmhouse Pig Wreath
- Pricing Wreaths: How to Price Your Wreaths to Sell