I posted a picture of the no bake energy balls that I made for my family on Instagram recently and so many of you have been curious about the recipe, so I decided to share it here on the blog. This No Bake Energy Balls recipe is delicious, healthy, and the perfect treat to curb your sweet cravings.
Just over a year ago my hubby was hospitalized and was diagnosed with a very serious blood sugar disorder. This was shocking for our family and the changes that we had to make to our diet were a huge adjustment. I went on a mission to find low sugar “healthy” treats that the entire family could enjoy. This no bake energy balls recipe (I also sometimes refer to these little nuggets of awesomeness as energy bites) is so yummy, and making them is so easy. *Some links in this post may lead to websites where we are an affiliate. Click [HERE] for our disclosure statement.*
Ingredients Needed to Make Needed to make my No Bake Energy Balls
- 1 & 1/2 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup of Peanut Butter (you can sub almond butter if you prefer)
- 1/2 Cup of Maple Syrup (I use sugar free maples syrup) or Honey
- 2 Scoops of Vanilla Flavored Protein Powder (click here for the LEAN, whey protein powder that I absolutely love)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips or Raisins (optional)
- Combine oats, peanut butter, maple syrup or honey, protein powder, chocolate chips or raisins (if you choose to add them), and vanilla extract.
- Mix very well (I use my classic Kitchen Aid mixer)
- Roll into bite size balls and place on parchment paper
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour before eating