This easy haystacks candy recipe is a delicious combination of sweet and salty goodness!
Haystacks are a quick and easy candy that will be the perfect addition to your next party or get-together. This classic, no-bake haystacks recipe can be whipped up in minutes. It is a delicious sweet and salty delight!
This classic candy only takes a few ingredients and a little bit of time to make. It is a great dessert to whip up during the Christmas season, or any time of the year.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE HAYSTACKS CANDY
- Chow Mein Noodles
- Butterscotch Chips
To make these haystacks, you want to first, combine the peanuts and Chow Mien noodles in a mixing bowl. Then, pour the butterscotch chocolate chips into a separate microwave safe bowl.
Next, microwave the butterscotch chips in 30 second intervals, until fully melted. Be sure to watch the chips closely to make sure the mixture does not burn.
Next, mix the melted butterscotch mixture with the Chow Mein noodles and peanut mixture until it is all well combined. Then, drop by heaping spoonfuls, the haystacks mixture onto parchment or wax paper.
Let the haystacks cool and firm up. You can enjoy them right away, or store them in an air tight container or in the refrigerator. If you want to try a twist on traditional haystacks, our white chocolate haystacks recipe is so good and perfect for the holidays.
- 11 OZ Package of Butterscotch Chips
- 5 OZ can Chow Mein Noodles
- 1 Cup Roasted Salted Peanuts
1. Mix peanuts and Chow Mein Noodles in a bowl
2. Put butterscotch chips in a microwaveable bowl and heat in microwave for 30 second intervals until they are melted.
3. Pour melted butterscotch chips into the bowl with nuts and chow mein noodles
4. Mix well and drop by heaping spoonfuls onto parchment or wax paper
5. Allow to firm up
6. Store in refrigerator or air tight container for best results
These haystacks are so yummy. They are the perfect, quick and delicious go-to treat for parties and get togethers. They are a delicious combination of sweet and salty. You are going to want to make these goodies over and over again!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like:
- White Chocolate Haystacks
- Tiger Butter Fudge Recipe
- Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- Easy Corn Dip Recipe