A hard-boiled egg wrapped in pork sausage is a delicious and filling low-carb breakfast dish. These sausage wrapped eggs are so good!
Sausage wrapped eggs are so simple to make and are a great high protein breakfast option. This recipe is a low-carb twist on traditional Scotch Eggs You only need two simple ingredients to make this sausage wrapped boiled eggs recipe.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE SAUSAGE WRAPPED EGGS
- Breakfast Sausage
These sausage wrapped hard boiled eggs are so good! It is a tradition in our family to have these with our breakfast spread every Christmas. We have been making these for years. We also love to have these as a quick high protein breakfast or snack throughout the year. traditional Scotch Eggs are dipped in bread crumbs and fried, but this recipe is a little different.
The first step in making sausage wrapped eggs, is to boil the eggs. To boil the eggs, fill a pot with enough water to completely cover the eggs. Turn high heat on the stove until the water comes to a roiling boil. As soon as the water starts to boil, turn off the heat on the stove, and cover the pot. Leave the pot on the hot eye for fifteen minutes. As soon as the fifteen minutes are up, carefully remove the pot from the stove, and pour out the hot water. Cover eggs with cold ice water, giving them an ice bath for a few minutes. Let cool then peel eggs. You can also make your hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot ahead of time.
Next, divide one pound of sausage into 6 equal parts.
Take one section of the pork sausage, and patty it into a round, patty shape. Then, place one boiled egg in the center the patty. It helps to keep your hands moist when doing this.
Mold the sausage around the hard boiled egg. Then, just repeat this step with the remaining eggs and sausage. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
Place sausage eggs on the baking sheet and put into a pre-heated 375 degree oven. Cook for 30-40 minutes. The sausage wrapped eggs will be done when the sausage is a golden brown with no pink.
You can eat these sausage eggs, alone, as a meal, or you can add them along with some of your other breakfast favorites. These are great dipped in mustard, or with gravy.
- 1 Pound of Breakfast Sausage
- 6 Eggs
- Boil the eggs
- Peel the boiled eggs
- Divide one pound of sausage into 6 equal parts.
- Take one section of the pork sausage, and patty it into a round, patty shape
- Then, place one boiled egg in the center the patty (It helps to keep your hands moist when doing this)
- Mold the sausage around the hard boiled egg
- Repeat this step with the remaining eggs and sausage
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick foil
- Place sausage eggs on the baking sheet and put into a pre-heated 375 degree oven. and cook for 30-40 minutes. (The sausage wrapped eggs will be done when the sausage is a golden brown with no pink)
- Let cool and enjoy!
These sausage wrapped eggs are an easy and low-carb twist on Scotch Eggs. They are so delicious and they re-heat well, so we make a big batch and refrigerate them for later. You can pop a couple in the microwave and have a quick and easy high-protein breakfast or snack.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may also like:
- White Chocolate Haystacks
- Tiger Butter Fudge Recipe
- Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
- Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- Easy Corn Dip Recipe